The features of FrancoFON firmware are the following:
- Better firewall
- Port forwarding wizzard
- Reserve addresse on private network
- Blacklist some sites for public network
- DNS modifications
- Antenna power tuning
- Remote reboot
- Dyndns management.
- hosts file management
- Real time display for private and public connections.
- Display last version availlable. (in red if your are not up to date)
- Hidden SSID on private network
- Language management (English, French and Roman for the moment)
- Can be upgraded from an alternative server
- Allow @ and / caracters for some pppoe ISP, up to 64 characters
- open/close SSH
- open/close admin by ethernet port.
- Possibility to ban MAC addresses on public and private network with scheduler.
- Possibility to connect LaFonera to an existing AP to use his network instead of having an ethernet wire.
Serial Cable Port For La Fonera
I have received my first part in the mail to build it (even though I already have ssh enabled on one of my routers, I figured I would try this anyway) Budget for this project: $0, thats right, zip, zero, nothing.
NO FON ROUTERS WILL BE HARMED. ALL FON FUNCTIONALITY WILL REMAIN!!!
So far I got the MAX3232 (Free Samples :) ), still need a male to female DB9 serial cable, 4 - 0.1uF capacitors, and a USB cable (I'm not cutting one of my good ones) DD-WRT LINK