Thursday, October 11, 2007

The FrancoFon Firmware and Serial Cable port for La Fonera

The features of FrancoFON firmware are the following:

  • Better firewall
  • Port forwarding wizzard
  • Reserve addresse on private network
  • Blacklist some sites for public network
  • DNS modifications
  • Antenna power tuning
  • Remote reboot
  • Dyndns management.
  • hosts file management
  • Real time display for private and public connections.
  • Display last version availlable. (in red if your are not up to date)
  • Hidden SSID on private network
  • Language management (English, French and Roman for the moment)
  • Can be upgraded from an alternative server
  • Allow @ and / caracters for some pppoe ISP, up to 64 characters
  • open/close SSH
  • open/close admin by ethernet port.
  • Possibility to ban MAC addresses on public and private network with scheduler.
  • Possibility to connect LaFonera to an existing AP to use his network instead of having an ethernet wire.

links:
http://www.francofon.fr/modules/mediawiki/index.php/FrancoFON_Firmware_EN
http://www.francofon.fr/modules/mediawiki/index.php/How_to_install
http://www.francofon.fr/modules/mediawiki/index.php/Se_connecter_%C3%A0_votre_routeur_en_SS

Serial Cable Port For La Fonera

I have received my first part in the mail to build it (even though I already have ssh enabled on one of my routers, I figured I would try this anyway) Budget for this project: $0, thats right, zip, zero, nothing.

NO FON ROUTERS WILL BE HARMED. ALL FON FUNCTIONALITY WILL REMAIN!!!

So far I got the MAX3232 (Free Samples :) ), still need a male to female DB9 serial cable, 4 - 0.1uF capacitors, and a USB cable (I'm not cutting one of my good ones) DD-WRT LINK


No comments:

Post a Comment