I originally posted this information on Dec. 19, 2007, but it caused a major problem over at FON [I had information before they (FON) did, don't ask and so I removed my original post] So here are the numbers:
* We originally invited 860 people from 5 countries: USA, Canada, Belgium, Holland and Germany.
* Of those, 39 people replied and showed interest.
* Of those, 13 people agreed to go through the legal loop holes that the laywers required of us.
* Of those, 5 used the promo code
* Of those, 2 immediately put the La Foneras for sale on eBay
I don't quite know what to think of this, but I was basically 1 out of 3 people who wanted to participate in the program. The other two (out of the 5 that purchased the kit) people that sold the routers on ebay were in this just to make a few bucks. Obviously the program failed for a few reasons: (1) lack of interest, (2) lack of participation, (3) lack of management, and (4) lack of communication [I was often left in the dark for weeks at a time with no clue of what was going on].
Fon was very busy at the time (Due to BT) and should have seen the they where trying to do too much at once and that there was a major lack in interest and stopped the program before it began.
***Just a side note: this information can be found on other blogs, but they got the information from me before I removed it (remember I did participate in the program)***